Tuesday, August 7, 2007

NEWS: Transformers, Romans 12:1-2

Our Topic this Thursday is

TRANSFORMED: BY THE RENEWING OF THE MIND
Based on Romans 12:1-2

About 45 years ago I became acquainted with Angus and Emma Brower, pioneer missionaries in Africa. When I saw their slide presentation and talked with them, I thought of them as people who had truly placed their bodies on the altar for God.

While we admire the selfless devotion of such people who have been transformed by God, let's not forget that the words of Romans 12:1-2 are addressed to all of us.

The dedication of ourselves to serving God begins with a decisive commitment. But just as keeping the vows spoken in a wedding ceremony requires continual reminders and recommitment, so dedicating ourselves to the Lord involves a moment-by-moment awareness of the pledge we made. (by RWDeHaan)

Please come early, we are expecting two new faces this Thursday.
I hope we can be the ones to welcome them, instead of them welcoming us.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaaah, I can't come,
Im having a training for a new account and my schedule is Mon to Fri 12nn-9pm for 3weeks;
how can i commit?
I'll just read Romans 12:12 on Thursday, I'll be there in spirit. :D

Please pray with me guys. I want to participate actively, but my oh so toxic schedule wont allow me. Work is controlling me...Thanks a lot! God bless!

INGRID NIETO said...

Hi Pjon... did you write this? You met them 45 years ago? Sabi ko na nga ba you're older :)

Andy said...

Hi JV, we will be praying for you. Hope to see you on sunday.

Anonymous said...

hey jv! that's alright... we'll be praying for you! atsaka may callcenter ministry pa naman tayo eh! hehe =)

sis ingrid! oo nga noh? 45yrs daw?! hahaha... pJON you're super old na pala kung ganon...

joycabs said...

Can't join! if the weather permits, we will have tech-run for our UPBEAT '07 concert on Saturday. please watch. you'll have fun, promise! and this is my last UPCC major concert. see you!

Anonymous said...

Ingrid, there's a parenthetical statement after the article. Kindly read again. It's probably too small to see.

Anonymous said...

JV, I always post the outline of the Bible study on this blog. You can read it on Friday or as soon as it is posted. We will pray for you. God honors the desires of those who seek after Him. You'll be surprised how God will work on your sched in the coming days...

Anonymous said...

hi p.Jon, sorry naman daw po... it is indeed too tiny to read tpos our background is kind'a dark pa... =)

Anonymous said...

whew! grabe a.. last nyt's discussion was sooooooo overwhelming...grabe si God - i was like controlling myself not to cry (si ate bini kasi e - nahawa ako..luvu)...but then again, i got this megaphone in my head (while pRo is talking about "embracing the pain and the shame"), telling me to speak out God's greatness.thank you GOD - He's really in control of me..sobra

guys tnx for listening..&for sharing your experiences/thoughts - galing ni God noh

pJon how are you??pagaling ka po!!!

andy, regarding po sa preparations ng decorations churva - just text me(a day or 2 days b4 the sked) when