Friday, August 10, 2007

THANKS, RAYA, FOR THE BEAUTIFUL TESTIMONY

Raya shared her beautiful testimony and I think it should be posted here on this blog.

brothers and sisters, good day!!
this is kinda late but i just want to tell you guys how grateful iam to be part of "EXTREME" last June 30 to July 1... just like my sister said (ate bini a.k.a "RAJSH") it was so tiring !! but twas very fulfilling at the same time...though i wasn't able to help my team on finishing other tasks because of what happened to me; i slipped on a muddy hill (kakatapos lang ng ulan) after doing C.S.I. w/ cris legaspi.. was not able to stand, it felt paralyzing. Here's why (it took alot of courage for me to post this - whew!)
i had an accident earlier this year (020707 around 2445H), i got sideswept by a huge car or rather an SUV? i don't know how you call it..its a TOYOTA FORTUNER - i was crossing the street (properly- with WALK sign lit) i saw this huge thing running so fast towards me, I tried to run but it was running so fast I got sideswept and fell on the ground- i tried to get back on my feet & as i was about to stand up i just heard something in my back...part of it was like tearing apart - until pain was all over my body that made me back on the ground..and realizing "hindi to daplis, naaksidente ako!?!"
Just to make the story brief, after being a bed ridden for like a month (i can barely move- only my fingers for texting), God showed me How much He loves me.. its is a wake up call for me -
(1)He made me realize that no one/nothing can give me comfort, contentment, unconditional love in this world.except God!! - only HIM (most of the people just laughed at me when they heard what happened "Stupid!", well they do not know what really happened):
(2)GOD used this accident to change someone's life, the man who owns the vehicle & who was driving that time..i don't know how GOD did it but it was so awesome. the guy quit smoking and drinking alcohols/liquors -I couldn't believe it when his wife sent me a text message "raya, u myt not realized how much u changed my husband's life - our life..."i really don't know how to react:
(3)im much more closer to my family, specially with my siblings:
(4)the most important thing God gave me through this accident was the pain i got from it.with this pain im so much more dependent on Him.with this pain i keep on longing to know Him more, i have this great thirst and hunger for His word.and i asked God if this is the only way for me to keep dependent on Him let me have it - and answered prayers coz just last week i went to my doctor, got a prescription of pain reliever, and a text message from my uncle (who's a doctor) telling me that the muscle pain will be lingering, it'll be on&off with any medicines and there is possibility that it will stay with me as long as i live, i've been taking different pain relievers but it seems none of them can relieve the pain..only God's grace - coz it was perfectly made for weaknessesduring the "EXTREME", after what happened, it was really embarassing, i do not know what to do, i just asked God "bat dito pa? i knew it..."...God just told me that its ok..the people who's with me would be my brothers and sisters who really cared for me during that time (naks!)...
thank you po: my team mates (summer, leslie, kat, kim,reggie,gian & other two more - forgot their names, peace out!), cris legaspi - one of our Big bros, archie sy&doc gil who stayed with me til I was ready to stand,though i pain, kuya dennis - cleaned the mud all over me, and to everybody who participated the retreat (white team, orange team, banana team, violet team, blue team, green team, pink team, red team)..it was a great event..
and thank you for PChris,PJon, PMau - they're not just pastors, they are like our big bros since we've been a member of GCF. i know some of you would be asking why i joined an adevnture camp knowing my condition - please accept my apology, im really sorry for causing "trouble" but im telling this to share with you what God did to me - He just brought me back to Him - (HE WILL DO EVERYTHING, ANYTHING just to pick you up and bring you back to HIM) and reminded me why am i here for..before posting this message i already told myself that whatever response i might get negative or positive (or none!!!) that would be very fine..all i wanted is to share this to you really.
Thank you for your time in reading this, i hope i was able to show you How great God's love is!!GODSPEED!!God is our refuge and strenth,harayalamatrinidads abio a.k.a. RAYA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you pJon!!! for posting this testimony (&for editing some of my errors - hehehehe).. now i can share this w/ my friends, officemates ...and i just told my uncle (who's in california) to visit the blog so he'll be able to know wats goin on w/ me & w/ the family.. and this would be a great opportunity to invite other people to join our ministry..

May God smile on us!!!

Anonymous said...

hello Lama,
All I can say is, "WELCOME TO THE CLUB"!...from now on, it's gonna be a tough but good life for you co'z God is watching your every move...take it from me...love you!

your "uncle from california"...bwehehehe! =),

uncle jun

Anonymous said...

malamang may iyakang naganap sa mag-ate? hehe

raya im glad all of our prayers were granted. and im still praying for the lingering pain that it could be suppressed by the pain-killer pills you've been taking (wag lang sobra, baka ayain mo na kami one day maki-jamming sayo..addict na pala hehe) to the point that you no longer have to suffer from it.

guys thanks for the prayers.

God's grace radiates from your hearts, simply because it surely illuminated mine! thanks a lot!

Andy said...

Hi JV, we look forward in seeing you soon at yacies thursday. Crossover anniversary is coming up this friday-see you all there at 7pm!

Anonymous said...

wow this is nice! thanks p.jon for posting raya's testimonial... she's not like that you know, she's not as transparent as i usually am... but then i praise God because of what happened she's willing to be bold enough in sharing how God worked in her life after the accident back in Feb and the accident during the extreme adventure...

and wow! our uncle jun-jun left a comment! hello uncle jun! how are you in cali?? hehe... it's been so long... 5 or 6yrs ago na ba? hehe!

and JV my brother, malamang! kung walang iyakan na naganap hndi kami yun! hehe, hope to see you soon! you are always in my prayers. just keep the faith! =)