Thursday, June 21, 2007

NEWS: Update on MB and Sam

Some days ago, I asked the two- MB and Sam to send me pictures so that I can update the whole group with their "local news."

Sweet Car! MB bought a car less than 24 hours after her plane landed in Grand Rapids, and has, thus far, been to 3 job interviews. She has also done a presentation of her year of mission work in Manila at her church, Highland Hills Baptist Church evening worship. She now lives with her parents, bumming around and lovin' it! Pray for MB and her job hunting.


MB and her new Pontiac


MB and her dad and mom.


MB and her cousin's baby, Aidan Scott!



Selfless Sam I am...I am Sam. I asked Sam to do the same, and all she gave me were photos of her nephew, Ward (in maroon), and Luela (in blue) and some photos of her tiny town in southeast Pennsylvania (I used to spell that, Pencil vein ya)! She gave little news about herself though....all I know is she's going to Chicago!



Ward, Sam's nephew


Luela, her niece



Railroad tracks near her house (sign reads: Watch for Black Bears...)

Lake Glen Onoko


In other news:
- As agreed, we will be promoting the group one of the Sunday's in July, and one in August. We will need all the help we can get from each member.
- We will have a do a new series in the coming weeks called Extreme Make-Over a series on Transforming Life. That should be exciting!
(PJon)

3 comments:

ChineezPnoyCaliThomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChineezPnoyCaliThomas said...

Here's a link from my former church that might prove useful.

I hear Claire will be checkin out the same church when she gets to Irvine.

http://newsong.net/irvine/smallgroups/strategy/
index.php

ChineezPnoyCaliThomas said...

Hey MB -

If ur reading this, hope u make it a habit to check ur rear view mirror when ur on the road w/ ur Pontiac.
Cops are attracted to the color red u kno.
>_<

Guess the car sales agent 4got to mention that =P