Monday, August 27, 2007

NEWS: IT'S BEEN A WHILE

Dormant no more.
Since my laptop was stolen at the Galleria Cinema last Wednesday I have not had enough chances of going online, thus, the dormant stage.


We praise God for last Thursday's Fellowship! I counted 35 people, minus some people (- 4 pastors, and 2 Monday attendees, and 2 YACIES everyday), a total of 27. We had 4 guests: Phil Chuachiaco (Les' cousin), Mariel (Rajsh's cousin), Harry (Korea), and Jasper (from Mu Gyoung Baptist Church). We also praise God for the message shared with us by P. Ro which God used to lead three people to pray to receive Christ. The photo above was taken after the fellowship, thus we're already missing a few.

Amos Lim, flew back to Malaysia last yesterday (Monday). He had been with iYACIES for about a year. He has begun working on his new business- manufacturing corporate give-aways. He also returns to his home church in Penang as one of the young adult leaders. Some from folks from iYACIES and other small groups are exploring the possiblity of visiting Malaysia in October. Amos has promised to host us and give us a tour of his home city and the Cameron Highlands. Should you feel interested to join this October trip, kindly approach me or Chris Legaspi.

On Thursday

We will learn about The Secret of Contentment based Philippians 4:10-13.
The structure of our Fellowship Gathering will be as follows:

7:00-7:15 Welcome Fellowship

7:15-7:30 Worship

7:30-7:40 Sharing Time (Blessings, Lessons Learned, etc.)

7:40-8:15 Message (Study)

8:15-9:00 Breakaway Group Discussion

9:00-9:15 Prayer Time

Our New Structure
The group has been experiencing growth exponentially. From 8-10 people last April, now number 25 to 30. However, as we foresee and anticipate God's hand at work, the iYACIES Leadership Team is dividing our group into 4 smaller breakway groups to facilitate a better discussion, communication and learning time. We will be assigning our regular attendees to permanent breakaway groups.

So, the idea is, we will gather together as a big group from 7 to 8:15PM- that time will span worship and teaching/study. After the gathering, we will divide into breakaway groups under the leadership of Facilitators to discuss issues and learnings in detail, as well as share concerns that are hard to open up in a big group.

The key to all this is that we have to start on time. Those who are in the habit of or couldn't help but be late, I encourage you to make it a point to come early. It is important that we respect each other by coming on time.

You will find your assigned groups here before tomorrow. See you on Thursday!

4 comments:

pretty rose said...

sayang, wala ako sa picture :( kasi...hehe! photoshop na lang? whahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! go osie! active sa comment huh? where have you been kasi when it was time for picture taking??

pretty rose said...

i was trying to call someone...remember? argh! bad trip talaga ngayong naalala ko na naman...hehe!!!

Anonymous said...

Just to commiserate on PJon's laptop theft;
the biggest lost I experienced was around 1,100 dollars (~ Php 50,000).
This occurred when I trusted a recently widowed Cantonese landlady when I was looking for a place to stay in Irvine, California.

I gave 2 months worth of security deposit to reserve that sweet deal. I’ve already looked thru about 9+ other places & good living arrangements in Irvine goes quick.
Normally we only give a month’s deposit in advance but I checked the California landlord-tenant law & she does have the right to ask for 2 months worth on the grounds that she has unattended property in the 3-bedroom detached house that I’ll be living at solely for some time.

She advertise herself as a Christian but I had my doubts. I shud’ve investigated my “gut feeling” when I smelled that something wasn’t right.
To make a long story short she didn’t fulfill her part as a responsible landlord & I left the place after 2 months.
Turns out that even her younger brother was swindled by this crooked so-called “Christian” lady. I was in the right to take her to small claims court (mind u, the justice system there is better compared to here) but I had to tend to other things since I was alone in a foreign land.

Lesson? Check your landlord’s refferences also before u get into any residential contract.
My experience is not as similar to Pjon’s since it involves me believing some1 who calls herself a “Christian”. Basically life is about learning regardless which part of the globe u are.

This reminds me of a line in the movie YOU GOT SERVED:
“Whatever doesn’t kill u in life
only make u stronger.”